At Glove Magazine, we take our product testing and rating seriously. We put each product through its paces so that you can make an informed decision before making your purchase. But how do we test and rate products? Let’s take a closer look.
A Little Bit About Us
It’s a little-known fact that not all gloves are created equal. Some are made of leather, some are meant for sports, and others might be for horse riding or for gardening. We at Glove Magazine believe in giving you the best of the best when it comes to fashion and comfort – we review gloves from top brands and even those who are new in the market but have efficient products. Keep reading to know more about how we accomplish this.
The Review Process: How We Shortlist the Products
The process of shortlisting gloves and related products is a challenging task. There are so many choices, brands, styles, prices that it can be overwhelming to find the right one.
But, we’ve done the hard work for you!
Our experts take the time to research the best suppliers, find any potential issues with quality or price and then hand-pick what we think are the highest quality items available at that time. They will help guide your purchase as you decide on which gloves are right for you!
Here’s a sneak peek of the process the products have to go through in order to get a spot in our lists of best ones.
- Tried and Tested: We get the products, we try them on, we test them in suitable environments, and we share the results with you. Sometimes, we get the products for free from the sellers or brands, and sometimes we purchase them to check if they stand true to their claims.
- Window Shopping: We also go to stores and check out the fabric and feel of the gloves to observe and compare what they claim to deliver without actually buying them.
- Third-Party Reviews: Sometimes, the brand owners share the products with third-party reviewers who can test the products in much better environments, like diving gloves by going on snorkeling, or mechanic gloves by giving them to real mechanics. This simply helps us to test products to their limits.
- Online Digging: Whenever we are unable to get the products in our hands, we dig through the internet, from the brand websites to e-commerce stores and even online reviewing platforms, to fetch genuine reviews from real people to bring you the most honest feedback of the products.
Moreover, all general information, including skin-related advice and precautions, is thoroughly sourced from credible websites and certified practitioners.
For What Features We Test the Products
All products that appear in our lists go through the scrutinization of a strict process.
- Weather Resistant – We analyzed how effectively the glove material withstands damages from weather like sun, wind, and rain.
- Durability – We researched how long users are able to use these gloves without any reported changes in their quality or design.
- Breathability – We checked if the fabric of the glove is breathable or whether it causes any sweating.
- Snug-Fit – We checked how the gloves were comfortable and perfectly fitted the hands.
- Anti-Odor – We observed if the gloves produced any odor after wearing them for a long time.
- Reinforced Stitching – We checked how it effectively prevented distortion of the pattern and reinforced the glove’s corners, angles, and points.
- Abrasion Resistant – We analyzed how effectively the glove material withstands the wear and tear of friction and instances of repetitive scraping or rubbing.
- Dexterity – We took note of the ease at which a task can be performed easily using the hands with gloves.
- Price – We checked the glove’s affordability while having good quality.
- Easy Grip – We noted the strength of the glove’s grip even in wet or oily conditions.
- Waterproof – We observed if the gloves are coated or feature special insert layers and membranes that repel water to keep your hands dry.
- Comfort – We checked how the gloves were comfortable and perfectly fitted the hands.
- Lightweight – We observed if the gloves feel light on the hands or cause any hand fatigue.
- Style – We analyzed the style of the gloves to see if it is comfortable to wear.
- Antibacterial – We analyzed how effectively the gloves work to fight or resist bacteria.
- Odor-Control – We observed if the gloves produced any odor after wearing them for long.
- Compression – We assessed how the gloves effectively maintain blood flow to the hands, reduce discomfort and swelling.
- Versatility – We tested the gloves’ versatility to be used in different activities.
- Temperature Regulation – We researched how the glove increase blood flow to the hands and how much heat is lost through the skin.
- Moisture Wicking – We observed how dry or sweaty the gloves left our hands after continuously wearing them for 12 hours.
- Soft Lining – We checked how helpful the lining provides extra protection and warmth for your hands.
- Padding – We measured the thickness of the padding on the gloves.
- Thickness – We took note of the thickness of the materials of all gloves.
- Quality – We analyzed how the quality of gloves should feel smooth and soft with the hands.
- Bruise Resistant – We analyzed how effectively the glove material withstands impact that causes bruises or discoloration of the hands.
- Flexibility – We tested the material’s flexibility by hand stretching and putting them on.
- Flame Resistant – We assessed how the gloves were designed to provide optimum level protection to hands in case of risky situations involving fire.
- Anti-Slip – We assessed how effectively the glove’s material enhances the hand’s grip on objects.
- Vibration Resistant – We checked how effectively the glove would protect the user by dampening and absorbing the vibrations of power tools that would otherwise affect a user’s hands and arms.
- Hypoallergenic – We observed how the gloves are likely to trigger an allergic reaction.
- Chemical-Free – We checked if the gloves were used to protect users from hazardous exposure to chemical substances.
- Puncture Resistant – We researched how well the gloves were designed to resist puncture by sharp materials.
- Packaging – We checked how upstanding the packaging would protect the gloves inside from bacteria and other things.
- Insulation – We noted how it protects against cuts and nicks caused by contact with electrical components.
- Pocket – We checked how helpful the glove’s pocket provided the most agility and for doing up zips, handling gear, and holding poles.
- Enhancing Strength – We analyzed how effectively the gloves enhanced strength while doing activities.
- Palm Protection – We noted the glove’s protection for palm against stings from catching a fastball and provides superior grip.
- Adjustable – We tested the glove’s adjustability to check whether it is useful for any tasks.
- Heat Resistant – We checked how effectively the gloves resisted heat by stretching the glove material and placing it above a flame for 15 seconds.
- Leather – We assessed how good the gloves are if made of leather which increases strength and flexibility.
- Cut Resistant – We analyzed how well-designed the gloves were to protect the user’s hands from cuts while working with sharp tools.
Why Should You Trust Us?
We provide the most honest reviews
We bring you the best products in the market
We share information that’s true to the best of our knowledge
At Glove Magazine, we try and test all kinds of brands and types of gloves to confidently say that we know which ones are worth your time (and money).
Trust us – when it comes to finding the best gloves out there, we know what we’re talking about! Whether you’re looking for snowboard gloves, wool mittens, or hunting gloves, we’ve got you covered.