Archery Gloves may be something you need to consider to protect your hands and to improve your performance.
There are so many different types and variations of archery gloves, with different functions that can make choosing the right ones quite tricky.,
Therefore we are here to help you find the best archery gloves to suit your specific needs and requirements;
Do You Need Gloves for Archery
Do You actually really need gloves for archery?
Well, all in all, shooting a bow and arrow is much harder than it may look if you want to be effective. It takes quite a bit of patience, focus, and also the right equipment.
Your drawing hand that pulls back on the arrow will need some protection if you do not want to suffer soreness or even nerve damage over time, protection an archery glove can provide.
If you intend to engage with a bow and arrow as a more regular and long-period exercise, then I would definitely recommend good archery gloves.
On the other hand, if you absolutely hate wearing archery gloves, you can always opt for finger tabs that you place over your fingers for protection.
Luckily with technology today, archery gloves are so comfortable and improved that they almost feel like a second skin and will rather enhance your performance than impede it.
Choosing the Right Archery Gloves
You need to take these factors into consideration when choosing the perfect archery gloves;
- Get the Right Size – An archery glove needs to fit comfortably and quite snug. Not too tight to reduce movement and also not to lose so that it slips off. Make sure that you get a proper fit that is also not baggy.
- Glove Materials – The material that the archery glove consists of will have an impact on its quality and overall durability. Leather is one of the most popular choices for its quality and durability. However, it can be quite heavy for some individuals. Polyester is a lighter and more stretchy alternative, however not as durable. Then you also get Hybrid archery gloves that have leather and polyester for a lightweight and durable design. Archery gloves also come in different levels of sensitivity that also provide you with a much better feel of the actual string, allowing more control and accuracy.
- Type of Archery Glove – You have two main types of archery gloves which include the standard glove and the tab glove. The choice is all up to your own personal preference. The Glove covers your entire hand and fingers or just your three center fingers. At the same time, the Tab is a small piece of durable fabric that covers the top of your fingers that pulls back the arrow.
Features of a Good Archery Glove
- Color – The Most common archery glove choices are black, brown, or dark green, however depending on the brand, you will have a choice of other colors. Most archers prefer something less noticeable, whereas competition archers and younger archers seem to like red and yellow colors.
- Breathability – You will want to protect your hands from the weather conditions, whether cold or wet, but still do not want gloves that sweat excessively and become overheated. Some gloves may have mesh and other material portions to allow for better airflow.
- Wrist Wrap – Many archery gloves have a wrist strap that better secures the glove around your wrist to keep your hands better protected against more harsh weather. The wrist strap can be a hook and loop or velcro closure design that you can fully adjust for a more customized fit.
- Price and Quality – A pair of Archery Gloves will cost around rice $10 and $20. Leather gloves will typically be the most expensive but also the most durable, and tabs for more advanced archers could be much more pricey. I would suggest opting for a trusted and well-known brand which is usually your best quality.
Reviews: The Best Archery Gloves
These are some of the top choices when it comes to great archery gloves;
- The ArcheryMAx gloves are handmade three-finger gloves.
- They have leather and mesh uppers which are perfect for durability and breathability.
- The fingers allow a proper feel for the string because of their outstanding sensitivity.
- There are four sizes available that will fit men and women.
- The gloves have a fully adjustable wrist strap for a secure fit.
- The Damascus Doeskin archery glove is very durable and of excellent quality.
- It consists of 1005 genuine doeskin leather.
- The wrist has an easy-to-use hook and loop closure.
- You can select from sizes that are ideal for men and for women.
- The Deerseekres is an ambidextrous archery glove.
- It consists of durable leather and has three reinforced fingers.
- The gloves are designed for target shooting and hunting.
- They are handcrafted and of extremely good quality.
- The gloves will allow you the more sensitive feel of the string along with long-lasting and quality durability.
- From Caldwell, we have touch control gloves for archery.
- The Touch control design allows for a much better feel of the string, so you have easier control and optimal accuracy with your shooting.
- They have elastic backing and fingers, with a rubberized palm for grip.
- The materials are very durable, lightweight with leather reinforcement patches and fabric.
- They are comfortable to wear and very convenient in design.
- The Eamber gloves are also a top favorite for archery.
- They are shooting gloves with soft cow leather and comfortable, breathable elastic polyester materials.
- There is an adjustable Velcro wrist strap for a comfortable fit.
- There are also silicone finger guards and a grippy palm design.
- The Silicone finger guards provide protection as well as easy slip resistance along with the palm that keeps your hands secure on the bow.
- From Spinto, we have incredible sensitivity gloves for archery.
- They will allow you ample comfort and feel of the string.
- The gloves are made of high elastic and soft spandex with an adjustable Velcro strap.
- There are four sizes available for men and for women.
- The Spinto brand is a trusted brand that is highly sought after and one of the best quality designs that you will find in archery gloves.
Index Table: Top Rated Archery Gloves
|1||ArcheryMax Unisex Handmade - Archery Gloves||ArcheryMax||98.4|
|2||Damascus Unisex Doeskin - Gloves for Archery||Damascus||98.1|
|3||Deerseeker Unisex Outdoor - Gloves for Archery||Deerseeker||97.8|
|4||Caldwell Unisex Ultimate - Shooting Archery Gloves||Caldwell||96.7|
|5||EAmber Unisex Durable - Shooting Archery Gloves||EAmber||97.4|
|6||Spinto Unisex Letaher Fingers - Gloves for Archery||Spinto||96.5|
Table of Contents
- Do You Need Gloves for Archery
- Choosing the Right Archery Gloves
- Features of a Good Archery Glove
- Reviews: The Best Archery Gloves
- Index Table: Top Rated Archery Gloves