In the beginning, most runners used to wear those old brown gloves found at the hardware stores.
But today, we are a bit more evolved, and there are so many technologies and performance fabrics used to create proper running gloves that wick away sweat, regulate temperatures, and do not compromise on breathability and tactile abilities.
So in this article, we will look into the best running gloves and what they can offer you.
Reviews: The Best Running Gloves
Below is the list are some of the most favored running gloves that are available today;
We hope you love the products we recommend!
So that you know, We may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
New Balance® Unisex Lightweight Warm Running Gloves
- The New Balance gloves are the ideal warm gloves for running.
- They have a touchscreen compatible design and fingertips.
- The gloves have insulating fleece inside for warmth in tow and wick away moisture.
- The outer shell offers good wind and water resistance.
- The gloves also have anti-microbial properties.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Cevapro® Unisex Winter Warm Running Gloves
- The Cevapro running gloves are designed for icy weather conditions.
- They have 3m of cotton insulation and a PU leather outer for grip.
- They are a pull-on design.
- The gloves ate durable and warm, as well as quite breathable.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Unigear® Unisex Lightweight Touchscreen Compatible Running Gloves
- From Unigear, we have more lightweight running gloves.
- The gloves are warm and very breathable for maximum thermal protection.
- Inside is a moisture-wicking lining to keep your hands dry.
- They are also versatile and touchscreen-friendly.
|Rating Category||Weight %||Score|
Aegend® Unisex Upgraded Warm Running Gloves
- The Aegend Upgraded lightweight running gloves ate warm and perfect.
- They are touchscreen compatible and have a warm design.
- The inside is moisture-wicking and breathable.
- The gloves also have an anti-slip silicone grip palm.
Nike® Women's Lightweight Tech Running Gloves
- The Nike lightweight running gloves are, especially for ladies.
- They are polyester and spandex and very stretchable.
- Ideal for cool to cold weather, but not extreme cold weather.
- They will breathe well and protect your hands.
- The thumb and index finger are likewise touchscreen compatible.
Why You may Need Running Gloves
But first, let us look into why exactly you may need gloves for running.
Running may seem like one of the simplest sports or forms of exercise. However, you need a surprising amount of gear, especially if you run professionally or take part in marathons and races.
Even if just running is a hobby, there are a few essentials that you will most definitely need, and one of them is running gloves.
Running gloves have the main benefit of keeping your hands warm in inclement and wet weather,
You would be surprised how cold your hands can get even in higher temperatures, not to mention on cold weather mornings or days when snowing.
So why do your hands get so cold?
When it gets cold, your body’s main aim is to send heat to the central parts where your organs are, cutting off a bit of circulation to the other parts, including your hands.
Your hands are pretty small and do not have hefty circulation capabilities. To begin with, they become freezing even in just cool weather.
What to Look for in Running Gloves
So, as we have established, it is quite important to get proper running gloves, especially if you will be running in cool to very cold weather conditions.
But what do you need to look for in proper running gloves?
- Warmth – First and foremost, the gloves need to provide warmth, as that is their main purpose. You need a glove that will protect your hands against wind and wetness and provide light insulation without compromising on breathability and moisture-wicking aspects.
- Color – Color is more of a personal preference that needs to suit your needs and fashion style. Yet, if you are someone that runs at night or very early mornings, you may need reflective gloves to improve visibility, along with reflective clothing.
- Pockets – Some running Gloves actually have pockets where you can store your loner when your hand gets too hot, or other small items, making them very convenient.
- Touchscreen Compatible – Most running gloves are touchscreen compatible with a conductive fingertip or a conductive palm.
Features of a Good Running Glove
When picking running gloves, there are a few essential factors that you need to consider when updating your gear;
- Comfort – Your gloves need to be comfortable enough so that you can focus completely on your running. They need to fit like a second layer of skin and not pinch or be too loose. You should wear your running gloves in all seasons or get a pair for hot weather and a pair for colder weather conditions. Mostly running gloves are used to keep your hands warm. Well-made and durable, comfortable running gloves are exactly what you should look for.
- Touchscreens Compatible – While running, you do not want to remove your gloves every time you use your smart device, for whatever reason, or to change a song. Thus, look for gloves that have conductive pads on the fingers which are touchscreen compatible. Many glove models will have a thumb and one or two fingers that have touchscreen-compatible materials.
- Materials – Generally, most running gloves will consist of synthetic materials or a blend of materials that uses different types of materials and technologies for breathability, wind and water resistance, moisture-wicking capabilities, and warmth. Polyester offers excellent sweat-wicking properties and is also breathable and warm. Fleece is sometimes used as a lining for warmth and to wick away moisture. Acrylic elastane is a warm, stretchy, and breathable material. Polypropylene and neoprene offer excellent wind and waterproofing. However, it does not wick moisture away, so it will usually be lined.
- Weather Resistance – A crucial feature you need from running gloves is weather resistance. Running gloves can protect you from the outside elements, whether UV rays, wetness, wind, or snow. Therefore, you must always select running gloves that provide a layer of protection against the weather elements you will face.
- Breathability – One more important factor is breathability. You do not want your hand to get overheated or sweaty inside the gloves. Breathable materials or some perforations or mesh inserts for ventilation are ideal for allowing moisture and heat to evaporate and keep your hands cool and dry.
Index Table: Top Rated Running Gloves
|1||New Balance Unisex Lightweight - Warm Running Gloves||New Balance||98|
|2||Cevapro Unisex Winter - Warm Running Gloves||Cevapro||95.5|
|3||Unigear Unisex Lightweight - Touchscreen Compatible Running Gloves||Unigear||94.25|
|4||Aegend Unisex Upgraded - Warm Running Gloves||Aegend||97.7|
|5||Nike Women's Lightweight - Tech Running Gloves||Nike||97.5|
Table of Contents
- Reviews: The Best Running Gloves
- Why You may Need Running Gloves
- What to Look for in Running Gloves
- Features of a Good Running Glove
- Index Table: Top Rated Running Gloves